Hvernig framvísa ég opinberum skilríkjum?
When you’re asked to confirm your identity, you’ll need to add either your legal name and address, or a photo of a government ID (driver’s license, passport, or national identity card). If you need to come back and finish confirming your identity later, go to identity verification to continue where you left off.
If you’re having difficulty submitting your government ID, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Check your email inbox, text messages, and phone notifications: You may have been sent additional information. Learn why you might miss receiving an email.
- Grant permission for your camera on your mobile device: If you’re trying to submit a photo using a mobile device, the Airbnb app or your browser may need permission to access your camera. You may also need to refresh the app or page after granting the camera permission.
- Provide high-quality JPEG or PNG files: Take photos in a well-lit room, and fit information within the provided white lines. Make sure that the image isn’t blurry or obscured.
- Submit photos of an original (not photocopied) and undamaged ID: If the ID has two sides, like a driver's license or national ID card, make sure that you submit each side—one of the front and one of the back. For residents of Singapore, Hong Kong, the Netherlands, Japan, and Korea: No matter which type of ID you add, be sure the image of your ID doesn’t show your identification or registration number. If you're uploading a Korean national ID card or driving license, please allow only the first 6 digits to remain visible (which contain your date of birth).
- If you're asked to take a photo of yourself, make sure the photo shows your face and fits within the provided white line: Religious head coverings are welcome, but please make sure that your eyes, nose, and mouth are visible.
When you and other guests and hosts provide identification info it builds trust in the Airbnb community. It also helps us keep Airbnb secure, fight fraud, and more. Learn more about how it works when Airbnb verifies your identity.