Natural Feature

Tatihou

7 íbúar mæla með

Ábendingar heimamanna

Jess
Jess
March 8, 2020
Located in Cotentin, in Normandy, Tatihou Island is a natural area of ​​28 hectares which becomes a peninsula at low tide. The island offers its visitors the maritime museum, a fort with its Vauban tower classified as World Heritage in 2008 and gardens. At low tide you can walk to the island and…
Veronique
Veronique
October 15, 2021
Ile face à St Vaast avec sa tour Vauban. Possibilité d'y aller à pied en faisant bien attention aux horaires et coefficient de marée sinon prendre le bateau. Renseignements sur le port.
Fabienne
Fabienne
September 17, 2020
Jardin sur la mer Petit bout de terre situé sur la côte est du Cotentin, c’est un jardin sur la mer qui bénéficie de la rudesse du granit et de la douceur des brises caressantes. Cette petite île de 28 hectares qui offre une palette de découvertes variées est accessible à pied ou en bateau amphibie…
Emma
Emma
December 21, 2019
Ile hors du temps et de l'agitation qui, à la faveur des grandes marées, a l'avantage de pouvoir offrir un aller en bateau (se renseigner à l'office de tourisme de Saint-Vaast), et un retour à pied au milieu des parcs à huitres.
Audrey
Audrey
January 5, 2018
Île de Tatihou, accessible par bateau amphibie. Parc ornithologique, musée de la mer et fort Vauban, on peut y passer la journée et coupler la visite avec le port de Saint-Vaast

Heimafólk mælir einnig með

Establishment
“An ancient working bell foundry in Villedieu les Poeles. They made the bells for Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. We saw them making them. A magical experience. Guided tours.”
  • 11 íbúar mæla með
Establishment
“Ce château issu de la famille d'Argouges comprend une fameuse Tour à la Fée, dont vous découvrirez la légende sur place”
  • 5 íbúar mæla með
Kirkja
“Coutances Cathedral is a beautiful structure that was not destroyed during the French Revolution, and miraculously barely touched during the tumult of the Allied bombings and landings of 1944 - even though much else around it was destroyed! The cathedral’s roots date back to when a Roman temple occupied the spot. This temple was changed into a church in the 5th century AD, which was later destroyed by Vikings in 866 AD – as was the original Roman aqueduct. Two centuries later the church was rebuilt as a Romanesque cathedral and was consecrated in 1056 in the presence of William the Bastard (better known later, perhaps, as William the Conqueror!). in 1180 it was restored and altered and in the 13th century transformed into the Norman Gothic style, although aspects (such as the twin towers and the columns in the nave are from the original Romanesque period). It is possible that the columns (or sections of them) date to the original Roman temple/basilica. One of the 13th century stained glass windows depicts the life of Thomas Becket.”
  • 20 íbúar mæla með
Museum
“The moulin is ideally located central to many historical and other delights. Two abbeys worth visiting are l’abbaye de Hambye and l’abbaye de la Lucerne. L’Abbaye de Hambye is a beautiful 12th century ruined Benedictine abbey set, like the moulin, in the valley floor of the Sienne. There are often activities, generally with a medieval theme. You will need to check at the boutique for what is on offer from week to week. There are also lots of walks around the immediate area for the more adventurous. The Abbey was founded around 1145 by William Painel, Lord of Hambye, and Algare, bishop of Coutances. The monastery was established by Benedictine monks from Tiron (Perche region in south-east of Basse-Normandie). Fuelled by an ideal of rigor and austerity close to that of Cistercians, Benedictine monks built a sober and elegant abbey, typical of the early Gothic period. The construction took place in the late 12th and early 13th centuries. The religious community reached its apogee in the 13th century and then, after a long decline over the following centuries, disappeared in the 1780s. Like all French abbeys, it became national property at the beginning of the Revolution. Eventually, the abbey was sold in 1790. The new owners transformed or destroyed buildings and scattered the furnishings. Having belonged to the abbey for three centuries (16th-18th centuries), the altarpiece was also sold. The convent buildings became farm buildings. The abbey church was used as a quarry from 1810 and was gradually dismantled. ”
  • 9 íbúar mæla með
Establishment
“Construit entre 1829 et 1834, le phare de Gatteville est le 2ème plus grand phare de France avec 75 m de haut. L'édification de ce "cierge de pierre" a nécessité 11 000 blocs de granit représentant 7 400 tonnes. Après avoir gravi un escalier de 365 marches éclairé par 52 fenêtres, les visiteurs peuvent admirer le magnifique panorama sur le Val de Saire et la mer de la Manche. En cas de vent fort ou d'orage, par mesure de sécurité, le phare peut être exceptionnellement fermé aux visiteurs. Tarif adulte : 3€ Tarif enfant : 1€”
  • 14 íbúar mæla með
Staðsetning
Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue, Lower Normandy