One bedroom apartment with private entrance located on 40 acres of rolling hills. Apartment is on second floor. Quiet location with beautiful views of a lake and countryside. Perfect place for a personal or writer's retreat or if you enjoy a quiet night's sleep. We welcome families with children. The apartment is attached to a single family home which is our personal residence. Our home was constructed in 2014. The apartment is like new.
There is a full flight of stairs to access the apartment. The space can accommodate several combinations:
1) 4 adults (one queen size bed & a full size sofa bed accommodating smaller adults ).
2) 4 adults (one queen size bed & a full size sofa bed accommodating smaller adults) with a toddler & baby in the bedroom using a toddler bed & a pack n play available on request.
3) 2 adults in bedroom (queen size bed) with 2 older children (full size sofa bed) plus a toddler & baby in bedroom using a toddler bed & pack n play available on request.
4) We could accommodate 2 adults (queen bed) and 3 older children (2 on full size sofa bed & 1 using a twin sized Aerobed).
5) We could accommodate 3 adults who each want their own bed by using the queen size bed, full size sofa bed & the twin Aerobed.
The twin Aerobed has a Comfort Lock Air Mattress which has a primary pump with soft, medium, and firm settings. It has a secondary built-in pump which silently maintains the desired firmness throughout the night. It can support up to 300 pounds. The couch converts to a full size bed and is very comfortable with a 1 1/2" Memory Foam mattress topper.
The great room has a kitchen, dining table (seats 6) and living room area. The kitchen is fully furnished. Dishes, silverware, cooking utensils, pots & pans, paper napkins, paper towels, a Keurig coffee maker, blender, toaster, crock pot, electric can opener, electric hand mixer, dishwasher (dishwasher soap provided), range, oven & microwave are available. Because we are three miles from the nearest town, as a courtesy we provide a few self-serve breakfast items for the first few days of a stay including eggs, cheese, cold cereal, hot cereal, milk, yogurt, fruit, bread for toast, peanut butter, honey, coffee, tea & basic condiments. Some snacks are also provided. High chair and/or booster chair are available upon request. Child gate available. Dishes, cups and eating utensils for small children available. Outlet covers for little ones. Age appropriate toys, games, books and DVDs.
Because the unit only has a shower, a baby & toddler bath tub are available. There is a full size washer & dryer in the unit. Some laundry soap & dryer sheets provided.
Seasonally there are items available upon request. Our personal items provided as a courtesy with no additional fee. Winter: Snowshoes, Sleds. Summer: Yard games: Bocce Ball, Ladder ball golf, Dart toss (safe darts), Bean bag toss, and Yardzee (outdoor Yahtzee). We have a big back yard perfect for sledding in the winter and playing yard games in the summer. There are also trails for hiking on our 40 acres of land.
An outdoor fire pit with an attached grill for cooking over the fire is available year round as well as firewood and chairs upon request. The request for fire pit use must be made at least 24 hours ahead of time to give us time to have dry fire wood ready. We share our fire pit, attached grill, grill tools and firewood as a courtesy. There is no additional fee. The fire pit will only be available when the owners are at home and if it is convenient for the owners. No fires after 10pm.
No smoking including no E-Cigarettes or any other vaping devices. No pets allowed. We are firm on no animals allowed. No parties. No unpaid visitors. No hunting by guests is allowed on the property.
The apartment is located on 40 acres of rolling countryside with views of the lake & surrounding countryside. Each season brings wonderful new nature views. There is a public access on the lake. There are also many other lakes in the Dassel area.
NEARBY TOWNS - RESTAURANTS - CAFES - GROCERY STORES- POINTS OF INTEREST - WE HAVE A LOCAL GUIDEBOOK IN THE APARTMENT WITH DETAILS ABOUT THE RESTAURANTS AND LOCAL PLACES OF INTEREST LISTED BELOW.
*DASSEL is 3 miles south of the property.
1) Thirsty's Tavern, Jimmy's Pizza, Jay'z Bakery, Red Rooster Foods & Casey's General Store.
2) Dassel Area Historical Society Museum.
3) Dassel Hillside Farm - Fresh Apples in the Fall starting in Mid- August crunchy Zestar apples - 2 miles from the property.
4) Twine Ball Museum in Darwin which is 6 miles west of Dassel.
5) Darwin Winter Recreation Park - great sledding hill - great place for a nature hike (6 1/2 miles of trails)- between Dassel & Darwin. There is snowmobile trailer drop off site here. There are currently more than 125 miles of groomed trails. Trails are not open until 12 inches or more snow depth.
6) Millner Heritage Vineyard and Winery 6 miles north of the property.
* COKATO is 6 miles to the East:
1) Subway, Dairy Queen, Lucky's Kitchen (Chinese), Bait and Hook & Marketplace Grocery.
2)The Cokato Museum.
3)Collinwood Regional Park (This lakeside park of 308 acres. Features include a picnic area with shelter and toilets, a swimming beach, a creative play area, five miles of ski / hike trails, a winter sledding hill, a fishing pier, a fishing cleaning facility, a sand volleyball, a basketball court, horseshoes, and a boat launch. 17251 70th St. SW Cokato, MN 55321
*LITCHFIELD is 12 miles west of Dassel.
1) Parkview Grille (Excellent!), Sonora Mexican Restaurant, Swans Cafe, Peter's on Lake Ripley, Kings Wok, McDonalds, Burger King & Taco Johns.
2) Litchfield Community Built Playground on Lake Ripley was voted as WCCO TV's Viewer's Choice as Minnesota's best playground.
3) Pumpkin Patch Festival at the Nelson Family Farm near Litchfield in late September to October.
4) Meeker County Historical Society Museum & G.A.R. Hall (Civil War Museum)
5) Star Lite Drive-In Theater
6) Forest City Stockade - Historical Stockade from the mid 1800's-16 miles northeast from the property.
*KIMBALL is 14 miles north of the property.
1) SOB (Son of a Butcher Bar and Grill) Great food in a rustic setting.
2) Triple R Bar and Grill
3) Millner Heritage Vineyard & Winery (Half way between our property &
4) Kingston Finnish Memorial Park (Canoe landing).
5) Powder Ridge Ski Area
6) A Maze'N Farm yard - Open Daily Memorial Day to Labor Day & most weekends in September & October - located near Eden Valley, MN. 23 miles northeast from the property.
*HUTCHINSON is 17 miles south of the property.
1) Zellas Cafe (fresh fare), McCormicks Family Restaurant, El Loro Mexican Restaurant (one of our favorites), Buffalo Wild Wings, Arby's, Pizza Ranch, Applebees, Tokyo Grill (Hibachi, Sushi & Steak House, Culvers.
2) Crow River Winery.
3) Access to the Luce Line Biking Trail in Hutchinson - stretches 63 miles from the western metro suburb of Plymouth to the small town of is Cosmos in west-central Minnesota. The trail runs on a former railroad line & available for Biking, Hiking, Running, Jogging, Walking.
*ST. CLOUD is 30 miles to the north of the property.
1) Multiple restaurants such as: Granite City Food & Brewery, Mongo's Grill, Texas Roadhouse, Old Chicago, Red Robin, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Boulder Tap House, Star of India Restaurant & many more.
2) Munsinger Gardens and Clemens Gardens.
3) Beaver Islands Trail (walking & biking).
* DOWNTOWN MINNEAPOLIS is about 55 miles way - Stadiums for Minnesota Twins & Minnesota Vikings.
DAY TRIP POINTS OF INTEREST
1) Minnesota Landscape Arboretum is beautiful in all seasons & is about 50 miles away in Chanhassen, MN.
2) Chanhassen Dinner Theater is 55 miles away.
3) Paisley Park is 55 miles away.
4) Science Museum of Minnesota 65 miles away.
5) Mall of America is 64 miles away.
6) Valley Fair Amusement Park is 63 miles away.
7) Children's Museum in St Paul is 66 miles away.
6) Wild Hockey Arena in St. Paul is 66 miles away.
7) Minnesota Zoo is 70 miles away.
Dassel, Minnesota, Bandaríkin