Join a local Host Club: Want to connect with Hosts in your area to get tips and advice? It’s easy—join your community’s official Host Group on Facebook!
When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it is important for you to understand the laws in your city. As a platform and marketplace we do not provide legal advice, but we want to give you some useful links that may help you better understand laws and regulations in Kissimmee. This list is not exhaustive, but it should give you a good start in understanding your local laws. If you have questions, contact the Planning and Zoning Division or the Code Enforcement Division of the Development Services Department directly, or consult a local lawyer or tax professional.
- The Planning and Zoning Ordinance. Title 14 of the Kissimmee Code of Ordinances, the Planning and Zoning Ordinance, regulates uses in Kissimmee. You should consult the Planning and Zoning Ordinance to see if your listing is consistent with any zoning requirements or use definitions. Important terms include accessory dwelling unit; bed and breakfast facility; dwelling; dwelling unit; motel or hotel; short term rental; and time share dwelling. In particular, you should review the requirements for short-term residential rentals found in Section 14-2-64 and 14-2-206 of the Code of Ordinances.
- Conditional Use Permit May Be Required. Kissimmee requires many operators of short-term rentals to apply for and obtain a conditional use permit from the City. Please review Sections 14-2-44; 14-2-51; 14-2-64; and 14-2-206 of the Code of Ordinances to see if you need a permit, or contact the contact the Planning and Zoning Division or the Code Enforcement Division directly.
- Short-Term Rental Business Tax Receipt. Hosts will also need to apply for and obtain a business tax receipt specific to short-term rentals. Please review the City’s website to find out how to obtain the receipt. You can access the application here. The City will review the request for compliance with city rules and regulations, and may not accept the application if the listing is not consistent with zoning requirements.
- Building and Housing Standards. Kissimmee enforces rules and regulations specifying minimum construction, design, and maintenance standards for buildings, including regulations on habitability, health, and safety. Certain rules and regulations applicable to residential and non-residential regulations may be relevant to your listing. Please review the Florida Building Codes or contact the Building Division for more information.
- Tourist Development Tax. Osceola County assesses tourist development taxes on hotels, inns, tourist homes or houses, and other short-term rentals. A "short-term rental" is defined as a guest stay of less than 6 months. More information about the tourist development tax is available at the County's website. The State of Florida also assesses a sales tax on guest stays of less than 6 months. More information can be found at the State's FAQ page.
- Other Rules. It's also important to understand and abide by other contracts or rules that bind you, such as leases, condo board or co-op rules, HOA rules, or rules established by tenant organizations. Please read your lease agreement and check with your landlord if applicable.
We are committed to working with local officials to help them understand how Airbnb benefits our community. Where needed, we will continue to advocate for changes that will allow regular people to rent out their own homes.
Greinar um tengt efni
- UpplifunargestgjafiHvaða skatta þarf ég að greiða sem upplifunargestgjafi í Miami?Hér eru gagnlegar upplýsingar til að skilja lögin í borginni þinni ef þú ert að hugsa um að gerast upplifunargestgjafi á Airbnb.
- UpplifunargestgjafiUpplifanir með mat í Ríó de JaneiroÞað er skemmtilegt að bjóða upplifanir á Airbnb en um sumar athafnir gilda ákveðnar skyldur og reglur. Við höfum safnað saman upplýsingum se…
- UpplifunargestgjafiRekstrarleyfi í Ríó de JaneiroLög, reglur og leyfisveitingar—hér eru gagnlegar grunnupplýsingar til að kynna sér hvað gæti þurft að gera til að vera upplifunargestgjafi á…