Hvaða öryggisábendingar eru fyrir eldhús og gesti í upplifun á Airbnb?
Airbnb has partnered with the American Red Cross and the International Federation of the Red Cross Red Crescent to provide our community with general safety resources. These resources, applicable in 191 countries, were developed by the Red Cross Red Crescent’s Global Disaster Preparedness Center, which is an international reference center created to build a global community for disaster preparedness innovation and learning. In an emergency situation, contact local police or emergency services immediately.
Everybody wants to be safe, however accidents may occur and we want you to be prepared. This article offers some basic first aid tips prepared by the Red Cross that can help increase safety awareness. These tips are a great start, but we also strongly recommend that you to sign up for a first aid and CPR training course near you.
Going on an experience involving food is exciting but also requires being safe. Here are a few recommendations for how to stay safe in the kitchen.
Keep surfaces and hands clean
The best way to avoid contagious diseases is by washing your hands before and after preparing food. Use hygienic products like hand soap, kitchen soap, and hand sanitizer.
Clean water is a key factor in keeping people healthy. Be aware of the water you’re using to cook, and confirm with the host that the water is clean and appropriate for use in cooking.
Kitchens are the place where emergencies can happen because of sharp materials, fire, and many other potential hazards.
Here are some safety tips to follow when you’re in the kitchen:
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
- Use knives safely and if you don’t feel comfortable with using a knife, ask for help.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are frying, grilling, or broiling food. If you must leave the kitchen for even a short period of time, turn off the stove.
- Avoid wearing loose clothing or dangling sleeves while cooking.
- Keep kids away from cooking areas by enforcing a “kid-free zone” of three feet around the stove.
- Keep anything that can catch on fire—pot holders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, food packaging, towels, and curtains—away from your stove top, oven, and any other appliances in the kitchen that generate heat.
- Clean cooking surfaces on a regular basis.
Airbnb provided trip protections
All Airbnb Experiences include 24/7 community support. Airbnb also maintains $1,000,000 USD of liability insurance under our Experience Protection Insurance program, in order to provide hosts and guests with peace of mind (certain exclusions apply). Additionally, in the event of a life-threatening injury, Airbnb also has partnered with an emergency medevac provider that may be activated to reach an injured party to support a medically necessary evacuation.
American Red Cross and the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC): Courtesy of the American Red Cross and International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. ©2019 The American National Red Cross. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The American Red Cross and International Federation of the Red Cross Red Crescent name and emblem are used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position. The American Red Cross logo is a registered trademark owned by The American National Red Cross. For more information about the American Red Cross, visit redcross.org.