Saint Paul, MN
Join a local Host Club: Want to connect with Hosts in your area to get tips and advice? It’s easy—join your community’s official Host Group on Facebook!
When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it is important for you to understand the laws in your city. As a platform and marketplace we do not provide legal advice, but we want to give you some useful links that may help you better understand the applicable laws and regulations in St. Paul. This list is not exhaustive, but it should give you a good start in understanding your local regulations. If you have questions, contact the Department of Safety and Inspections, the Department of Revenue, or other city or state agencies directly, or consult a local lawyer or tax professional.
- Where do you live? The information on this page is specific to the City of St. Paul, Minnesota. Different rules may apply to other cities and towns near St. Paul, in unincorporated Ramsey County, and beyond. If you live in another city or town but outside the City of St. Paul’s borders, please contact your local city administrator or planning department for more information.
- Short Term Rental Ordinance. St. Paul’s Short Term Rental Licensing Ordinance and the accompanying Short Term Rental Zoning Ordinance went into effect on December 2, 2017. You can include your registration number on your listing following the following format: YYYY-XXXXXXX.
- Local Rules. In 2017, the St. Paul City Council passed Ordinances 17-38 and 17-39 that provide rules for short-term rental (STR) hosts. The City has set up an STR portal with information about the different license types and registration fees. It is important to read, review, and understand these regulations in order to comply with the requirements. In particular, a Short Term Rental Host license must be obtained from the Department of Safety and Inspections annually.
- Sales Tax. The State of Minnesota assesses a sales tax short-term lodging. “Short-term lodging” is defined as a guest stay of less than 30 days. More information is available on the state’s fact sheet.
- Other Rules. It's also important to understand and abide by other contracts or rules that bind you, such as leases, condo board or co-op rules, HOA rules, or rules established by tenant organizations. Please read your lease agreement and check with your landlord if applicable.
- If you have any other questions, please contact the Department of Safety and Inspections at:
Address: 375 Jackson Street Suite 220, Saint Paul, MN 55101
We are committed to working with local officials to help them understand how Airbnb benefits our community. Where needed, we will continue to advocate for changes that will allow regular people to rent out their own homes.
Last updated: June 18, 2018
Greinar um tengt efni
- Coral Gables, FLHér eru gagnlegar upplýsingar til að skilja lögin í borginni þinni ef þú ert að hugsa um að gerast gestgjafi á Airbnb.
- Minneapolis, MNHér eru gagnlegar upplýsingar til að skilja lögin í borginni þinni ef þú ert að hugsa um að gerast gestgjafi á Airbnb.
- Innheimta og skil Airbnb á gistináttaskatti í MinnesotaÞetta þarftu að vita um innheimtu og skil á gistináttaskatti þar sem þú ert.